- This event has passed.
Music Festival 2020
March 6 - March 7
The NIMCon Music Festival is an opportunity for students to perform together as an ensemble, receive feedback from esteemed music educators, and earn medals for their performance.
- South MS – 400 S Highland Ave, Arlington Heights
- March 6 & 7 – Bands, Orchestra, Choir
- Oksana Lukaszewskyj (SouthMusicContest@sd25.org)
- North Prairie MS – 500 North Ave, Winthrop Harbor
- March 6 – Bands
- Dierdre Cook (NPMusicContest@sta.whsd1.org)
Schedule of Performances & Information
- South MS Schedule (with times)
- South MS Contest Program (with titles)
- Information Packet (South MS) – Information on everything you need to know.
- South MS Maps (maps of the building and street maps). Please inform your bus drivers they will need to go to Westgate Elementary School, 500 S. Dwyer. Be sure to make arrangements with your bus driver as to what time you will need them to pick you up. For vehicles, SMS has a parking lot on the north side of the building. We have ample street parking. All street signs are clearly posted on streets that only allow parking on one side of the street.
- North Prairie MS Schedule
- Information Packet (North Prairie MS) – Information on everything you need to know.
- Results – Scores will be posted live as ensembles perform.
The performance times have been carefully scheduled by our NIMCon president, Ellen Singer.
- All bands and orchestras are allowed a 40 minute time slot for their performance. The 40 minutes includes, set up, entrance, performance, a 10 minute clinic,exit and take down of equipment.
- Band and orchestras are allowed a 30 minute warm up, scheduled 40 minutes prior to your performance to allow time to move from the warm up room to the performance room.
- All choirs are allowed a 30 minute time slot. The 30 minutes include, set up, entrance, performance, a 10 minute clinic and exit.
- All choirs are allowed a 20 minute warm up, scheduled 30 minutes prior to your performance to allow time to move from the warm up room to the performance room.
Please send your host a final setup for your ensemble.
South Middle School will have the following percussion equipment available in the performance room.
- Set of 4 Timpani 23”, 26”, 29”, 32” (no tuning guides)
- Bass Drum – 40” suspended
- Chimes – 1 1/2 octaves
- Orchestra Bells – 2 1/2 octaves
- Xylophone – 3 1⁄3 octaves (kelon)
- Marimba – 4 1/3 octaves (acoustalon)
- Vibraphone – 3 octaves
- Gong – 26”
North Prairie MS will have the following percussion equipment available in the performance room.
- 36 x 20 suspended concert bass drum (Ludwig)
- 4 timpani – 23”, 26”, 29”, 36” – please note that the 29” timpani is a T handle Ludwig
- 20” Suspended Cymbal (Ziljdian)
- 16” Crash Cymbals (Ziljdian)
- Orchestra bells (Musser 2.5 octaves)
- Xylophone (Ross 3.5 octaves, Kelon)
- Chimes (Musser 1.5 octaves)
- 24” Gong
- Marimba (Fugate 3.3 octave practice marimba without resonators)
- South Middle School: If anyone requires a piano with their ensemble, SMS has a Yamaha Clavinova Piano in the Performance area is Model: CVP-303 for you to use. Kindly let me know (Oksana Lukaszewskyj, SouthMusicContest@sd25.org) if you need to use it so I may add it to my list of equipment that will need to be moved.
- North Prairie MS: If anyone requires a piano with their ensemble, NPJH has a Yamaha Digital Piano, Model: P-255 for you to use. Kindly let me know (Dierdre Cook, NPMusicContest@sta.whsd1.org) if you need to use it so I may add it to my list of equipment that will need to be moved.