Music Festival 2020
March 6 - March 7
The NIMCon Music Festival is an opportunity for students to perform together as an ensemble, receive feedback from esteemed music educators, and earn medals for their performance.
- South MS – 400 S Highland Ave, Arlington Heights
- March 6 & 7 – Bands, Orchestra, Choir
- Oksana Lukaszewskyj (SouthMusicContest@sd25.org)
- North Prairie MS – 500 North Ave, Winthrop Harbor
- March 6 – Bands
- Dierdre Cook (NPMusicContest@sta.whsd1.org)
Schedule of Performances
- South MS Schedule
- North Prairie MS – coming soon
The performance times have been carefully scheduled by our NIMCon president, Ellen Singer.
- All bands and orchestras are allowed a 40 minute time slot for their performance. The 40 minutes includes, set up, entrance, performance, a 10 minute clinic,exit and take down of equipment.
- Band and orchestras are allowed a 30 minute warm up, scheduled 40 minutes prior to your performance to allow time to move from the warm up room to the performance room.
- All choirs are allowed a 30 minute time slot. The 30 minutes include, set up, entrance, performance, a 10 minute clinic and exit.
- All choirs are allowed a 20 minute warm up, scheduled 30 minutes prior to your performance to allow time to move from the warm up room to the performance room.
South Middle School will have the following percussion equipment available in the performance room.
- Set of 4 Timpani 23”, 26”, 29”, 32” (no tuning guides)
- Bass Drum – 40” suspended
- Chimes – 1 1/2 octaves
- Orchestra Bells – 2 1/2 octaves
- Xylophone – 3 1⁄3 octaves (kelon)
- Marimba – 4 1/3 octaves (acoustalon)
- Vibraphone – 3 octaves
- Gong – 26”
North Prairie MS will have the following percussion equipment available in the performance room.
- South Middle School: If anyone requires a piano with their ensemble, SMS has a Yamaha Clavinova Piano in the Performance area is Model: CVP-303 for you to use. Kindly let me know (Oksana Lukaszewskyj, SouthMusicContest@sd25.org) if you need to use it so I may add it to my list of equipment that will need to be moved.
- North Prairie MS: