Solo & Ensemble Contest 2021
To participate in S&E Contest, follow these steps.
- By October 15. Join NIMCon by registering your School.
- By February 1. Register S&E Events and Pay Student Fees.
- Each school completes the Register for S&E Events spreadsheet.
- Follow the instructions in the spreadsheet.
- By April 15. Submit all recordings to NIMCon.
- By May 1. Receive results from NIMCon.
- More information to come.
Summary of your Discussion at the September Membership Meeting.
Here is a summary of what we discussed at our September Membership Meeting and voted on.
- We will run a virtual Solo and Ensemble Contest. Registration fees will be due February 1, 2021. (instead of December 1)
- Directors will submit videos of student performances along with a pdf/picture of music by April 15th.
- Solos and ensembles will be accepted. All accompaniment will be optional and there will be no clavinova fee.
- Ensembles may submit a video of students playing together, or submit audio with students using programs such as audacity or garage band. (More info to come) We want to be flexible to the needs of students learning remotely.
- Judges will be given approximately a week to view performances and submit comments using the rubric.
- A board member will deliver medals to directors.